Amanfour....Where Good Ghanaians Play!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amanfour....Where Good Ghanaians Play!

Even the Weak become Strong when they are United!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What have you eaten/Gonna eat today

Go down 
+10
Cocktailmixa
akuasafo
wildchild
abenaa1
Safohen
Ladyluv
DA DOGG
ghanalady
Godiva
Boot is Boot 90
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Boot is Boot 90
Seasoned
Seasoned
Boot is Boot 90

Male
Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-12-07

What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Empty
PostSubject: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 3:47 pm

I just eat kelewele
Back to top Go down
Godiva
Star
Star
Godiva

Female
Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 3:51 pm

still thinking................ Neutral
Back to top Go down
Boot is Boot 90
Seasoned
Seasoned
Boot is Boot 90

Male

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 3:59 pm

Wish you the best...
Back to top Go down
Godiva
Star
Star
Godiva

Female

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 4:01 pm

Boot is Boot 90 wrote:
Wish you the best...

thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Godiva
Star
Star
Godiva

Female

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 5:00 pm

yeah I finally decided. noodles and fish. not necessarily the best but it'll do.
Back to top Go down
ghanalady
Seasoned
Seasoned
ghanalady

Female
Number of posts : 922

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 5:55 pm

jollof and goat meat
Back to top Go down
Godiva
Star
Star
Godiva

Female

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 5:56 pm

ghanalady wrote:
jollof and goat meat

dun't rub it in Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Boot is Boot 90
Seasoned
Seasoned
Boot is Boot 90

Male

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 4:13 pm

I like Aponkye nkra nkraa
Back to top Go down
Godiva
Star
Star
Godiva

Female

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 7:41 pm

corn bread and a piece of chicken.
Back to top Go down
DA DOGG
Star
Star
DA DOGG

Male
Number of posts : 4433
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:03 pm

oooh boot bi that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ladyluv
Seasoned
Seasoned
Ladyluv

Number of posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 6:04 am

waakye... wake up feeling hungry today too... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Boot is Boot 90
Seasoned
Seasoned
Boot is Boot 90

Male

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 8:29 am

Errrm....Plz how do i prepare waakye?
Back to top Go down
Ladyluv
Seasoned
Seasoned
Ladyluv

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:05 am

What you need

* one or two cups (up to a pound) dried beans or peas (such as kidney beans, red beans, black-eyed peas, pigeon peas, or split green peas, or similar)
* one cup uncooked rice, rinsed and drained
* salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper or red pepper (to taste)

What you do

* Clean, rinse, and soak the beans or peas in cold water for three or four hours or overnight. Drain.
* In a large cooking pot, combine the beans with enough cold water to cover them by two inches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (approximately one hour).
* Stir in rice. (There should be between two and three cups cooking liquid in the pot -- if desired, the cooking liquid can be poured from the cooking pot into a bowl, measured, hot water added if necessary, and then returned to the pot with the rice.) Season to taste.
* Cover and cook until rice is done and all liquid has been absorbed (about twenty minutes). Remove from heat and let stand uncovered for five minutes before serving.
* Fluff with a fork, serve hot, as a side dish, or with any dish that is accompanied by white rice.

just copied and pasted this... hope u will be enjoying this soonest... if u have any problems just lemme know...

oh and it is always better to add a lil 'kaonwa' to the beans once u start boiling it...sorry i don't know the english word for kaonwa... maybe some1 here will help...
Back to top Go down
Boot is Boot 90
Seasoned
Seasoned
Boot is Boot 90

Male

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:51 am

I'm gonna cook it soon.
Thanks for your hospitality,i will follow your guidelines.
Back to top Go down
Ladyluv
Seasoned
Seasoned
Ladyluv

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:30 pm

Boot is Boot 90 wrote:
I'm gonna cook it soon.

ok boots... enjoy ur meal... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DA DOGG
Star
Star
DA DOGG

Male
Number of posts : 4433
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:59 pm

Boot is Boot 90 wrote:
I'm gonna cook it soon.

eeeiii uncle boots that ooo.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Safohen
Up & coming
Up & coming
Safohen

Male
Number of posts : 147
Job/hobbies : IT

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:14 pm

blue fish and crab soup from Sahara
Back to top Go down
ghanalady
Seasoned
Seasoned
ghanalady

Female
Number of posts : 922

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:20 pm

eei safohen, send some my way bounce
Back to top Go down
abenaa1
Up & coming
Up & coming

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 3:16 pm

Ladyluv wrote:
What you need

* one or two cups (up to a pound) dried beans or peas (such as kidney beans, red beans, black-eyed peas, pigeon peas, or split green peas, or similar)
* one cup uncooked rice, rinsed and drained
* salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper or red pepper (to taste)

What you do

* Clean, rinse, and soak the beans or peas in cold water for three or four hours or overnight. Drain.
* In a large cooking pot, combine the beans with enough cold water to cover them by two inches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (approximately one hour).
* Stir in rice. (There should be between two and three cups cooking liquid in the pot -- if desired, the cooking liquid can be poured from the cooking pot into a bowl, measured, hot water added if necessary, and then returned to the pot with the rice.) Season to taste.
* Cover and cook until rice is done and all liquid has been absorbed (about twenty minutes). Remove from heat and let stand uncovered for five minutes before serving.
* Fluff with a fork, serve hot, as a side dish, or with any dish that is accompanied by white rice.

just copied and pasted this... hope u will be enjoying this soonest... if u have any problems just lemme know...

oh and it is always better to add a lil 'kaonwa' to the beans once u start boiling it...sorry i don't know the english word for kaonwa... maybe some1 here will help...

I am a lil bit confused...didn't see the pepper being used? how is pepper used when making waakye? n wat is kaonwa? is that wats supposed to make it brown? u cld use a dash of baking soda n u will get the same color (not too much though else it will be bitter). oh n no need 2 soak de beans for so long or over night...the baking powder makes it cook real fast.
Back to top Go down
abenaa1
Up & coming
Up & coming

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 3:20 pm

not sure yet.... but I am feeling for some bayere (yam) and garden eggs stew with koobi...hmmm might have 2 stop by the african market after wor.
Back to top Go down
Godiva
Star
Star
Godiva

Female

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 10:03 pm

damn gurrl. that's the shit right thurr Very Happy koobi paaa! Smile
Back to top Go down
wildchild
Up & coming
Up & coming

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 9:56 am

i invite u all to join me at barima nkwa for one of my favorite dishes, fufu and goat meat soup with ground ginger and liver, hmmmmm mouth watering lol!
Back to top Go down
Ladyluv
Seasoned
Seasoned
Ladyluv

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:27 pm

i ate waakye this afternoon... it was tooo salty... Mad What a Face
Back to top Go down
Boot is Boot 90
Seasoned
Seasoned
Boot is Boot 90

Male

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:34 am

Ladyluv wrote:

What happened to make it tooo salty? cheers
Back to top Go down
Ladyluv
Seasoned
Seasoned
Ladyluv

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:22 am

Boot is Boot 90 wrote:
Ladyluv wrote:

What happened to make it tooo salty? cheers

it is this waakye that is sold airport residential area.. in accra...a very talked about waakye i must add... any way i always wanted to try it cos it looks quite good and highly mouthwatering... i tried it only to realise it was tooo salty... Mad Mad Mad ... that got me mad... and that waakye is very very expensive... infact it is called waakye boutigue...

hey why are u cheering... No scratch scratch Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you eaten/Gonna eat today   What have you eaten/Gonna eat today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What have you eaten/Gonna eat today
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Amanfour....Where Good Ghanaians Play! :: FOOD & RECIPE JOINT-
Jump to: